Filipino Friday #1: Introductions
What Reader Species Are You?
|Reader Species Infographics by Lauren Kelly|
I found that I fit in several of the categories and may as well be what the infographic refers to as a Cross-Bred Reader Mutt.
Class: Book Lovers,
- The Hoarder - I do have the tendency to acquire books faster than I can read them. I can't fit them on my bookshelves so I have them shoved inside a drawer beside my bed, like some secret stash of cookies (which I also have). Plus, my Kindle holds quite a number of e-books. And yet I still acquire more. Hee.
- The Kindle Convert - I used to be the type who would never consider getting an e-reader. I thought that digital reading will never equate to the experience of reading a physical copy of a book. But my sister persuaded me to get one, so I got one, which I named River, and since then I thought to myself, where have you been all my life?
- The Sleepy Bedtime Reader - I definitely do most of my reading before bed. And yes, I have busted a book light or two because I fell asleep and left them turned on until morning. I also have rolled on, crushed, squished and dented a book because I am a bedtime reader. I try to be more careful with my Kindle though because I will go loony if I busted it.
- Sharer-Screamer - I set this blog up mainly to share and scream. Fangirling is a pastime of mine and so is shoving bookish nerdery into other people's throats.
- The All-The-Timer - I definitely read all the time. If I'm done with one, I follow it up with another. And on and on it goes. I feel naked when I am not reading something.
- Cross-Under - I do love to read YA. It's the genre that I consumed voraciously during the past two years or so. And also a smattering of Kid/Middlegrade Lit. And yes, even though, I am already in my, um mid-twenties. :) I find myself taking a bit of a break nowadays from YA though, but it is a genre that I will always get back to from time to time.
- It's Complicated Reader - Since I am a combination of many categories, I can definitely say well, "it's complicated."
So, do join this meme by heading on to Filipino ReaderCon: Filipino Fridays