In My Mailbox: Marvel and Gaiman

In My Mailbox is a meme hosted by Story Siren
It features books you have bought or received during the week.


A friend of mine took me to NBS and let me pick a belated birthday gift. It's been a long time since my last Neil Gaiman read (The Graveyard Book) so I chose Stardust and we got it at 20% off too.

The 4 pcs of Marvel Comic books though, I bought myself over at BookSale. It's on sale at P 100 for 4! I have never read any of the Marvel (or DC) stuff ever, so this is a first. I realize that it's not the Mark Millar, Scott Snyder, Warren Ellis, Alan Moore, or Frank Miller ones, writers whose comic books have garnered a lot of fanboys and fangirls. But right now these reprints from PSICOM would be the closest I can get to reading Marvel comic books without killing my wallet. Someday, maybe I'll be less cheap and spring for those big names. What are the odds of finding an Allan Moore in BookSale I wonder?

How about you? What's in your mailbox? :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

ABNKKBSNPLAKo by Bob Ong (REVISITED)

Instead of Three Wishes by Megan Whalen Turner

Filipino Friday #1: Introductions