A Trip Down Memory Lane with Ladybird Classics

After joining the ReaderCon Filipino Friday Meme: Your Reader's Story, I suddenly had the urge to try and look for some of my old fairy tale books. Lo and behold, I managed to dig up a few ladybird classics! 




Some of the books have this sort of collage of the various fairy tale characters inside.
I used to look at this picture endlessly.
Sigh. All these bring back happy childhood memories. Next on my list, is the Fairy Tale Anthology Book that I used to read with my sister. I'll dig that one up soon after I've recovered from the attack of the dust bunnies in our storage area.

Comments

  1. My friend Celina and I were just talking about those Ladybird Classics! I used to look at that picture too, and try to identify which stories were familiar to me and which I haven't read before. Thanks for sharing these pictures, Tin :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I passed on my Ladybird Classics to my inaanak and I hope he's enjoying them now just as much as I did when I was his age.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @dementedchris
    It's such a cool picture right? I used to make up stories about these characters in their, what I dubbed as, "tree house". I'm so glad we were able to save these books. It's my pleasure to share these photos. I know a lot of us grew up with Ladybird classics. :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Chachic
    You have a really lucky inaanak. I'm not sure if I have the heart to give mine away! I've grown too attached to it. Haha! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice! I had several of these as well as I was growing up. Oldschool kung oldschool but they're timeless. Haha. Reminds me of our fractured fairytale theme this month.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Myra Garces-Bacsal from GatheringBooks
    Oldies but goodies they say! I keep sighing every time I see these books. It reminds me so much of childhood. Do you still have the ladybird books Myra? :P

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ABNKKBSNPLAKo by Bob Ong (REVISITED)

Instead of Three Wishes by Megan Whalen Turner

Filipino Friday #1: Introductions