Response to the Sunshine Blogger Challenge
I have been tagged by the lovely Myra of Gathering Books (in this particular POST) to join this game called Sharing the Sunshine Blogger Challenge. Here’s how it works:
Acknowledge the nominating blogger. Share 11 random facts about yourself. Answer the 11 questions the nominating blogger has created for you. List 11 bloggers. They should be bloggers you believe deserve some recognition and a little blogging love! Post 11 questions for the bloggers you nominate to answer and let all the bloggers know they have been nominated. (You cannot nominate the blogger who nominated you.)
11 Facts You Might Not Know About Me
2. I am pretty tall and was once asked to be part of the women's basketball team in college. They were honestly willing to train me. They would have had their work cut out for them because...
3. I am not a fan of sports (it hates me too), or sweating, or running around, or any physical activity for that matter.
4. While I live on a tropical country with many beaches, I am never quite at ease near bodies of water.
5. I cried over the death of my Tamagochi when I was about 9.
6. I once won a regional quiz bowl because of the sheer luck that the answer for the tie breaker question happened to be the words written on a t-shirt I saw a couple of days prior to the event.
7. My trick (a very boring one at that) as a kid, was to spew out names of cat and dog breeds which I had memorized from the Cat and Dog Breeds book.
8. I sported the same haircut for about 8 years. They call it the apple cut. Because your whole face will look like an apple.
9. I was a Huge Spice Girls fan. I collected stickers and posters and wrote them fan mail. My sister and I even made a fan page and made an MTV request letter in the form of a big Tamagochi (Yes, yes. I know. I love my Tamagochis) with the British Flag design and on the screen are the faces of the 5 members but drawn like they were in pixels. We sent it to MTV and then we saw Donita Rose read it and show it on tv!
10. I would love to have the courage to travel alone, preferably London and or The United States of America.
11. I love naming stuff. I goad my sister into having more babies just because I love the naming part. She won't oblige though. Hmph. So I content myself with naming the gadgets I own. My Kindle is called River (after River Song of Doctor Who), my laptop is called Sullivan or Sully for short, (after the Monster's Inc. character because it's kind of big and cumbersome.) My cellphone is called Eowyn.
My Answers Myra's Questions:
1. Favorite breakfast.
Peanut butter on pan de sal (salt bread) or any soft brown bread.
2. Write the very first sentence in the book you are currently reading.
"Nerds. Once a tortured subrace of humans condemned to hiding in dark corners from the brutal hand of social torment...now, captains of industry!" -The Nerdist Way by Chris Hardwick
3. The mountain or the beach?
Am I allowed to say neither? If yes, then neither. If not, then I have to say beach if it means I get to stay on the shore. If there is another thing that I am equally afraid of than bodies of water, then that's boulders that you have to climb, creepy crawlies, flying insects, and animals that could possibly maul you or give you rabies. All of which are most likely in the mountains.
4. If you were to be a rockstar for a day who would you be?
Sir Paul McCartney.
5. Bestfriend or lover? (You can’t say my bestfriend is my lover or the other way around, you have to choose)
6. When did poetry find you and what does it mean to you?
Poetry never found me, to be honest. I have a difficult time understanding them. I remember liking a bit of some from Kahlil Gibran when I was in highschool.
7. When did your passion for children’s literature begin? Who do you identify as the culprit in your love affair with this genre?
Post College. Reading too much Gathering Books post. Really.
8. Your ONE LITTLE WORD (OLW) for 2014.
9. What is your dark side?
Oh gosh, I feel a Star Wars reference coming on but I'm going to stop myself. Let's see...perhaps when I over think and worry a lot. I kind of have the habit of beating myself up over things.
10. Christmas Or Halloween? My younger self would have picked Christmas. But my current oldie self, gets stressed during the holidays. So...Halloween. No gift buying, no traffic...and I get to see kids in costumes. Last year, my favorite was a kid in a Goku costume and another one in Yoda costume.
11. Complete this sentence: “They paved paradise and put up a….”
Matrix. Simulated reality. :)
My 11 Questions
1. Which literary character/s would you invite to a tea party? Who would you rather opt out of your guest list?
2. If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
3. Pirates or Ninjas?
4. If you were to be rescued by The Avengers all at once, in whose biceps (iron clad or otherwise) would you rather cling to?
5. Pick a mythical world that you'd most want to live in.
6. If you get invited to a costume party, who would you come as?
7. What is the best thing that happened to you last week?
8. There is a zombie apocalypse and you are only allowed to stow one type of food inside your refuge bunker. What would that food be?
9. Blind spots? (things that you are partially open to trying but somehow haven't gotten around to it yet. It can be a genre, or a movie, or a tv show, or a book, or food, or a person, etc.) Soft spots? (things you can't resist and will most likely latch onto/consume like puppies, or cat memes, or Benedict Cumberbatch.)
10. What is the craziest thing you have ever done?
11. What is your go to happy song? sad song?
I am nominating the following people...
1. Chachic of Chachic's Book Nook
2. Chris of Ficsation
3. Lynai of It's a Wonderful Bookworld
4. Louize of The Page Walker
5. Maria of Reading is the Ultimate Aphrodisiac
6. Monique of Marginalia
7. Peter of Kyusi Reader
8. Tina of One More Page
9. Rhin of Perfect Nostalgia
Guys, this is a voluntary, and pressure-free thing okay? You may or may not take up the challenge. Also you can opt to just answer the questions without nominating anyone at the end.