2013: A Year in Reading

2013 has come and gone. It was a good reading year, 2013 (Top 13 Reads of 2013). Now before anything else, let's bring out them numbers shall we?

Full Lenght Fiction: 43
Novellas: 3
Short Story Collection: 2
Graphic Novels: 1 title, 25 volumes
E-Shorts: 3  
Essay Collection: 1
Total: 53

And then, let's take a look at how I did on the two reading challenges I signed up for.

1. Award Winning Books Reading Challenge by Gathering Books
Award Winning Books Read: 17
Level Reached: Silver Medal (11-25 books)  

2. The TBR Pile Reading Challenge by Fiktshun
TBR Titles Read: 24
Level Reached: Sweet Kiss Level (21-30 books)

Not Bad eh? Now onto the self-imposed reading challenges I set myself up for, at the start of 2013. (Gleep!)

1. Read a Zombie Book - FAILED. My fear of zombies goes deeper than I've expected. A discussion best left for another post. This 2014 maybe? Maybe. :)

2. Read a Sci-Fi Novel - PASSED. Read 4 sci-fis this year! Ender's Game, Ender's Shadow, Speaker for the Dead, and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Sci-Fi is a promising favorite genre for me.

3. Read a Classic - PASSED. Keyword "a", which means 1. Ha. Yup, set the bar low on this one. I read and liked The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle.

4. Read more Adult Fiction - PASSED. I had to surpass the 1 adult fiction title read last 2012. So again, very very low bar. Haha. But I don't care. I passed with flying colors on this particular challenge! I have read 14 full length adult fiction titles, 1 short story collection, 1 essay collection, 3 novellas, 1 graphic novel title (I assume Fables is geared for adults. It is after all dark and grim and has a number of mature scenes).  

All in all, I am quite pleased with these results (except for you, darned zombies). You did good, pig. You did good. :)

Comments

  1. Congratulations, Tin.
    Hope 2014 will be kinder to all readers and book lovers.
    Here's to the 2014 Reading Challenge, Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Louize! Thanks! I concur. So, let's bring on 2014! :D

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Hi Peter! I know right? I use to average only around 35-45 books a year. So, I am pleased as punch. :D Woo hoo!

      Delete
  3. Congratulations, Tin! 2013 had been a good reading year to us, and I hope 2014 will be as well. :)

    P.S. Are you still up to reading zombies this year? Hihi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lynai! Here's to an even better 2014, yes?

      Regarding those darned zombies, The World War Z movie legitimately creep-ed me out even more. Haha, But yes I am up for it! (I hope?) Hehe. You thinkin of doin Feed? :D

      Delete
    2. The one by Mira Grant, right? Hmmm, let's read together? Parang di pa yata ako ready? But maybe if we motivate each baka pwede na rin? Haha ang gulo ko! :D

      Delete
    3. Lol! Maybe we can do Cloud Atlas first, after we hurdle that, we can see how we feel about Feed. :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ABNKKBSNPLAKo by Bob Ong (REVISITED)

Instead of Three Wishes by Megan Whalen Turner

Filipino Friday #1: Introductions