Top Ten Words/Topics That Instantly Make Me Pick Up A Book
|For more info go to The Broke and The Bookish|
2. London - Ah, London. The home of many of my favorite things: Harry Potter, Doctor Who, The Beatles, Spice Girls, and Colin Firth, just to name a few.
3. Political Intrigue / Conspiracy Theories - Because they are juicy and exciting and thrilling, what with all the backstabbing and underhanded dealings and the the guessing of who is the snake in the bush.
4. Geeks - Because I can relate more often than not.
5. Superpowers - Because we all want one, at one point or another.
6. Books / Literature - (Obviously) I like reading about stories that give much importance to books and I am more inclined to love a bookish character because we are kindred souls.
7. Fairytale / Mythology Retelling- Reimagined, remade, revamped, a classic with a modern twist, whatever you may call it, if it has any inkling of being derived from an old beloved story, I'd most likely jump on it.
9. Wordplay - Because such witty manipulation of language / vocabulary is always good fun.
10. Adventure - Because it is a wonderful word which promises danger, uncertainty, excitement, even more so if there is some noble goal or end to which said adventure is being undertaken.
How about you? What words or topics make you instantly pick up a book?