Top Ten Favorite Books I Read Before I Was A Blogger
|For more details go to: The Broke and The Bookish|
2. Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling - Well, this is practically on almost every top ten list I make. This is the book that started and cemented my obsessive love for books.
3. The Hobbit and Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien - Another one that is a staple on my lists, I am still at awe at Tolkien's brilliance for coming up with such a vast rich world.
4. The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins - This one got me aware of the YA genre and this is the series that I got truly addicted to and couldn't put down, after Harry Potter that is.
5. His Dark Materials Trilogy by Philip Pullman - I never really cared much for this series because I thought the movie was just so-so. So special thanks to my friend who encouraged me and lent me her copies back in college. It's an excellent fantasy series.
6. Mythology: Timeless Tales of Gods and Goddesses by Edith Hamilton - My copy has been battered and bruised. I was introduced to this back in high school, in English Class. I began to love Greek Myth since then hence pick number 7.
7. Percy Jackson Series by Rick Riordan - First time I got to read a fun reinvention of Greek Myth.
8. Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norell by Susanna Clarke - Magic became a bit closer to reality when I read this one. It all just seemed so factual, and historically accurate, and it's very very "British". This book kind of made me feel smart.
9. The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon - It's a wonderful story about the birth and decline of the Comic Book Industry, about making it big in that biz, about love and grief and war. It one of my best adult fiction reads. And I don't read that many of it mind you.
10. Graceling by Kristin Cashore - I remember reading this, post Mockingjay, a time when I was looking for more YA and less middle grade, and I loved it. (Although I did not quite love Fire and Bitterblue as much as I thought I would.)
How about you? What are your favorite books read before you ever got into blogging?