ReaderCon Filipino Fridays: Introduction
I have always wanted to attend The Manila International Book Fair (next to Comic Con) but never had the opportunity so far, and the chances of getting to attend The Reader Con this September is quite slim, but I'm still keeping my hopes up. Anyway, I thought joining this meme would be a great way to get in touch with other readers in case I don't make it and meet you guys in person.
Hi, I'm Tin! I'm a relatively new blogger and I have been reading for quite some time now but the intensity of my love for books has increased even more about a year (or two) ago, right about the time where I discovered the Filipino Book Bloggers Community. I never thought there existed blogs devoted to books and a community of bloggers/readers who are very much into reading as I am, perhaps even more! It is through these blogs that I discovered a whole lot of other book titles, authors, genres and sub genres.
I normally go for young adult or adult fantasy. It can be urban, historical, epic/high, mythic fantasy. I also love dystopia and go for books with dark, surreal elements in it. But with my discovery of the book blogging community, I've started getting into and enjoying some contemporary young adult reads, and graphic novels as well as some kid literature and picture books. It's funny how I think I'm more of a kid now because I seem to delight in kid lit more than back when I was an actual kid.
For my favorite books:
1. Harry Potter Series by J.K. Rowling
2. The Hobbit by J.R.R. Tolkien
3. LOTR Trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien
4. The Hunger Games Trilogy by Suzanne Collins
5. His Dark Materials Trilogy by Philip Pullman
6. American Gods by Neil Gaiman
7. Anansi Boys by Neil Gaiman
8. The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman
9. Jonathan Strange and Mr. Norell by Susanna Clarke
10. The Amazing Adventures of Kavalier and Clay by Michael Chabon
11. Graceling by Kristin Cashore
12. Mythology: Timeless Tales of Gods and Goddesses by Edith Hamilton
13. The Lost City of Z by David Grann14. The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
For my favorite authors, it's Neil Gaiman, J.K. Rowling, J.R.R. Tolkien, Suzanne Collins, Philip Pullman, Susanna Clarke, Michael Chabon, Laurie Halse Anderson, Patrick Ness...and a whole lot more.
For my comfort reads, it has always been something from the young adult section preferably fantasy. But when it comes to re-reading, Harry Potter still remains to be my number one go-to book. And some Betty and Veronica Double Digest. :)
For my best reads this 2011 so far: The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness, Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro, The Book Thief by Marcus Zusak, Wintergirls by Laurie Halse Anderson, and Vernon God Little by DBC Pierre.
So that's it folks. I can't wait to read your post on this particular Filipino Friday meme topic!