Top Ten Books When You Need Something Light & Fun
|For more info go to: The Broke and the Bookish|
2. Anna and the French Kiss / Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins - Perkins makes a seemingly average romantic teen story stand out because she does it well. There is cheese but not cloying.
3. Garden Spells by Sarah Addison Allen - Best read siting on the patio deck with tea and cakes.
4. Percy Jackson and the Olympians by Rick Riordan - A pretty straightforward adventure story. Easy to get into, and fast-paced.
5. Dash and Lily's Book of Dares by Rachel Cohn and David Levithan - If you love books and words and the mystery of corresponding with a stranger through an exchange of a red moleskin notebook then this is for you. There is an added charm if read during Christmas. :)
6. Fairy Tale Fail by Mina Esguerra - Short and sweet story. Literally. It can be read in one sitting. But it will be a "one sitting" that you'll enjoy.
7. Archie Comics - This is my quick pick-me-upper, good old Archie and the Gang.
8. Rise of Renegade X by Chelsea Campbell - Think Sky High. Superheroes, villains, evil plots, and heroic rescues. All told through Damien Locke's trademark snark.
9. The Disreputable History of Frankie Landau-Banks by E. Lockhart - This is one of the books that I remember finishing fast, which belies my average reading pace. It's set in a boarding school, with secret societies, and pranks and conspiracies, and a whole lot of shenanigans.
10. Dramacon Vol.1 by Svetlana Chmakova - If you remember your childhood days and how much fun you had, watching your favorite anime/s. Then you'll have the same fun with Manga. Daramacon is actually my first and only manga for now. But it certainly won't be my last. It's a romantic and funny story set during an anime convention. And you don't even really have to be an anime fan to love this.
What about you? What do you have in mind as Light & Fun Reads?