In My Mailbox


In my Mailbox is a meme hosted by Story Siren. It features books you've received and bought during the week. 

The last Filipino Friday Topic left me with a huge case of embarassment. So I finally got a Filipino Literature to add to my reading list. And a kick ass one to boot.


TRESE: MURDER ON BALETE DRIVE
Written by Budjette Tan, Art by Kajo Baldisim

When the sun sets in the city of Manila, don't you dare make a wrong turn and end up in that dimly-lit side of the metro, where aswang run the most-wanted kidnapping rings, where kapre are the kingpins of crime, and engkantos slip through the cracks and steal your most precious possessions.

When the crime takes a trun for the weird, the police call Alexandra Trese.

Trese: Murder On Balete Drive contains the following: 
Case 1: At the Intersection of Balete and 13th Street 
Case 2: Rules of the Race 
Case 3: The Tragic Case of Dr. Burgos 
Case 4: Our Secret Constellation

It's time to change my ways and start getting into Filipino Literature. I feel like I'm off to a good start with Trese.

Comments

  1. Oh, I think you will like this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Tina
    I've just skimmed the comic book and the illustrations are amazing! I hope to start reading it soon. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ABNKKBSNPLAKo by Bob Ong (REVISITED)

Instead of Three Wishes by Megan Whalen Turner

Filipino Friday #1: Introductions