What have you GoT on your playlist?

I have been having trouble coming up with book reviews lately, nothing beyond a measly 5-7 sentence containing words like I like it, I wasn't into it, it was great, It was slow. Nothing of substance is coming out of my brain. It has lately been harboring too many songs though, as a result of our High Fidelity (by Nick Hornby) discussion. And I have taken to Spotify-ing and YouTube-ing more often than usual. And the thing with these two, is that it brings up suggestions, recommendations, based on those you have been listening to. You click one and a bazillion other music videos pop up for you to consider. It is endless. It is sinister. So what am I leading to? Today also marks the start of HBO's Game of Thrones Season 5. Music plus GoT? Why not?

Also credit needs to be given to Meliza of Mecanism for perpetuating the idea of a Game of Thrones inspired post. Check out hers HERE.

Okay so, after doing an introduction that seems to be as long as The Long Night that descended upon the Known World, I thought about the idea that if I peeked into the the playlist of a few Game of Thrones characters, what songs would they have?


Note: No consideration for the lyrics has been taken.

Petyr Baelish
Because I Got High by Afroman
Can't Touch This by MC Hammer
Play the Game by Queen
The Great Pretender by The Platters
The Mummer's Dance by Loreena McKennitt

Jaime Lannister
Stay Gold by First Aid Kit
Me and Baby Brother by War
I Want To Hold Your Hand by The Beatles
Soldier Boy by The Shirelles
Kill the King by Megadeath

Cersei Lannister
The Girl with the Sun in her Head by Orbital (instrumental)
Killer Queen by Queen
Naked as We Came by Iron and Wine
I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor
Carry on My Wayward Son by Kansas - aka grieving song for Joffrey

Tyrion Lannister
Little Lion Man by Mumford and Sons
King and Lionheart by Of Monsters and Men
Little Giant by Roo Panes
Broken Face by Pixies
One Angry Dwarf and 200 Solemn Faces by Ben Folds Five

Jon Snow
Baby, It's Cold Outside by Margaret Whiting and Johnny Mercer
The Greatest Bastard by Damien Rice
Climbing the Wall by Stereophonics
Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby? Standing in the Shadow by The Rolling Stones
Of Wolf and Man by Metallica

Daenerys Targaryen
Dragon Queen by Yeah, Yeah, Yeahs
Violet Eyes by Jewel
I Don't Need A Man by The Pussycat Dolls
Under Pressure by David Bowie
Girl All the Bad Guys Want by Bowling For Soup

That was fun! If you could indulge me and add to this list (or do another character not on this one), it would make me very happy. :) Happy Monday! GoT Season 5 Encore at 9pm tonight!

Comments

  1. Great list! Here's mine for Arya Stark:

    Headstrong by Trapt
    Miss Independent by Kelly Clarkson
    The Needle and the Damage Done by Neil Young
    If I Were a Boy by Beyonce Knowles
    Dire Wolf by Grateful Dead

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Great picks! Swak yung If I Were A Boy. (Hinde na Knowles si Beyonce uy. LOL. Although I just say Beyonce. nakalimutan ko nga na Knowles pala siya. Haha)The first song that comes to my mind for Arya is Fighter by Christina Aguilera. :)

      Delete
    2. Okay. If I Were a Boy by Beyoncé. Hahaha! I also thought of Fighter by Christina Aguilera but nasulat ko na yung Headstrong so tinamad ako palitan. :P

      Delete
  2. Hahaha, Can't help LOL on the spot-on choices!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! I had fun making this! Imaginin mo si Jon Snow kumakanta ng Baby it's Cold Outside. LOL.

      Delete
    2. Hahaha, paano mo nalamang 'yun ang una kong inimagine? Duet with Melisandre! LOL :D

      Delete
    3. Mommy L, it was just a wild stab in the dark! <-daggers in the dark, get it? Heehee. Oo, duet! Or mash up ng Baby It's Cold Outside tsaka Through the Fire! Okay, will stop na. Haha. :)

      Delete
  3. This is a fun (ny) post haha! I especially liked Petyr's playlist. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hee Hee. Imaginin mo, Lynai, nag e-MC Hammer dance si Petyr sa Can't Touch This. LOL!

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ABNKKBSNPLAKo by Bob Ong (REVISITED)

Instead of Three Wishes by Megan Whalen Turner

Filipino Friday #1: Introductions