Required Reading: April 2014

Hello there! The month of March brought with it a couple of changes that left me with little time to read as well as write blog posts. I only managed to finish two from among the four books I set out to read.

1. A Dance with Dragons by George R.R. Martin - (5/5 stars) GRRM wasted no time in amping things up in this fifth installment. It's exciting, bizarre, and unpredictable.

2. We Live In Water by Jess Walter - (5/5 stars) I once said that reading this felt like I had a rain cloud over me. The stories have a melancholic tone to them, but they are all very satisfying. I swear. My review will follow suit.

3. The Alienist by Caleb Carr - about 60 %  in 

4. Tiny Beautiful Things by Cheryl Strayed  - about 25 % in 

Okay, so for April I initially decided to have no required reads. I will merely continue and finish (I hope) The Alienist and Tiny Beautiful Things. But then there's.... 

1. If On a Winter's Night A Traveller by Italo Calvino - This is TFG's book of the month. And also because I couldn't resist the title. If On a Winter's Night A Traveller....What? Fell off a cliff? Ate a pizza? Met a tutu-wearing, hip hop-dancing yeti? It's so very intriguing, really. Well, I haven't even really read the premise of the book. Heehee.

So with that said, I hope against all hope that I finish all these booookssss!  And have a great April to one and all!

Comments

  1. A hip hop-dancing yeti? I'll look forward to that. hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. I am still bummed out that the creators of Disney's Frozen made a tap dancing snowman but did not have the foresight to include a hip-hop dancing yeti. Hahaha. :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ABNKKBSNPLAKo by Bob Ong (REVISITED)

Instead of Three Wishes by Megan Whalen Turner

Filipino Friday #1: Introductions