Top Ten Kick-Ass Heroines
|Top Ten Tuesday is a meme hosted by The Broke and The Bookish.|
It features a topic every week to be answered via lists.
Here are my top ten favorite kick-ass heroines:
1. Hermione Granger (Harry Potter Series) - I believe that Harry and Ron would be nowhere without her. She is really smart and brave. She plans and thinks of everything!
2. Katniss Everdeen (The Hunger Games Trilogy) - Her physical skills are obvious enough but I think her emotional strength is at par too, having survived all the deaths around her.
3. Katsa (Graceling) - With her grace, she can take down men twice her size!
4. Lyra Belaqua (His Dark Materials Trilogy) - She is a clever, adventurous, and headstrong young girl who can face armored bears!
5. Kitty Jones (Bartimaeus Trilogy) - A girl and a commoner who can hold herself against magicians and djinnis. Tough and very self-reliant.
6. Sorcha (Daughter of the Forest) - She may not be physically strong or skilled, but she has been through so much pain in a very long period of time, away from home and the love and support of family. And that I definitely consider "kick-ass".
7. Viola Eade (Chaos Walking Trilogy) - She's been in the midst of political conspiracies, a full blown war and has been tortured and yet she remains strong for both herself and Todd.
8. Eowyn (Lord of the Rings Trilogy) - She is gutsy enough disguise herself as one of the soldiers, face the Witch-King Angmar and slay it. Such a feat nearly cost her, her life.
9. Hazel Levesque (Son of Neptune) - She is my favorite underdog. I think she is a brave and strong girl considering what her powers are.
10. Liesel Meminger (The Book Thief) - This is a girl who is always one of the boys and can rough house with the best of them but what drew me to her is how very determined she is to learn how to read, that and her kind heart. She is a great friend and a wonderful daughter.