Aussie Books and a Bookish Shirt


I have gotten myself two Aussie books:

1. Saving Francesca by Melina Marcehtta - I have heard nothing but good things about Melina Marchetta from bloggers whose recommendations I trust and who has the same taste in books so I'm pretty excited about this one.

2. Feeling Sorry for Celia by Jaclyn Moriarty - I read one of her books A Year of Secret Assignments (see my review here) and I enjoyed it, which prompted me to get another title from her Ashbury/Brookfield books.

A gift from my sister
"Never Judge a Book by it's Movie"
Whenever I recommend a book to my sister in which its movie adaptation she has already seen she would say: "Nah. I have already seen the movie version of that book." when I tell her the book is different from the movie in the sense that it's always better. She would just shrug and say: "How different could it be?" And I say it's waaaay different! It's better! I'll be all huffing and puffing...so to save me the trouble, she got me this shirt as a gift. I'll just wear this shirt and point to it whenever we get into this kind of conversation. :D

Comments

  1. Congrats on your Aussie finds! Hope you enjoy reading both of them. You should get Jellicoe Road too and read Saving Francesca's companion novel, The Piper's Son. :)

    Nice shirt! Where'd you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Chachic
    My sister got it from Robinson's Department Store.

    Yup, Jellicoe Road is a must! I didn't know about Piper's Son, one more to add to my list. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. @dementedchris
    Thanks Chris! I am almost done with Saving Francesca and its a great read. Aussie YAs are quite different from most of the YA novels I've read. Though I am not quite fond of the book covers of these two. :D

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

ABNKKBSNPLAKo by Bob Ong (REVISITED)

Instead of Three Wishes by Megan Whalen Turner

Filipino Friday #1: Introductions